All the profits the Market makes are ploughed back into the community.
Since our first market back in October 2011 we have raised nearly £45,000 for local charities. Over the last few months we have helped the following charities:
- Rotary Club of Kew for dictionaries for local schoolchildren
- Richmond Borough Mind provide a summer trip for clients from the Wellbeing Centre
- Richmond Carers Centre deliver yoga classes for unpaid adult carers.
- Richmond Food Bank provide complimentary hot meal and refreshments to residents of Kew and North Richmond visiting the food bank
- Ham and Petersham Sea Scouts for a contribution towards the purchase of a new rowing dinghy for use by the sea scouts.
- Kew Neighbourhood Association revitalise their website.
- REACT who were able to buy educational and development toys for children with cognitive or life-threatening illnesses
- Richmond Music Trust supporting the music education of under-privileged children.
If you are a local charity or community group we may be able to help financially. We prefer to support organisations:
- who help those on the margin of society, by reason of physical and mental disabilities or poverty
- who bring the community in Kew together in some way
- who encourage entrepreneurship and businesses locally
We do not normally support national charities, although we are happy to help local branches working within the local community, nor do we give grants to individuals.
Successful applications are normally for specific projects or purchases rather than for general running costs.
Awards are made four times a year at the October, December, March and June markets.
The amount we give each charity is usually between about £500 and £1000, but we are happy to consider larger (or smaller) requests.
If you wish to apply for an award please complete the form below or email Simon Fowler, the charity co-ordinator, at email@example.com for further information.
There is a charity stall at most markets. The space is free, and you can use it to promote your work or to raise money (at a recent market one charity raised over £600). So why not make come along. It is too late for 2017 but we are accepting bookings for 2018. To book, please contact Simon via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may be able to help charities and voluntary groups in other ways. If you would like to discuss ideas please get in touch. However, we do not allow street collections to take place when the Market is on.